Helpless Indigenous Micro Minority Chakma Children were studying in AHIMSA SCHOOL, Tuichawng.
1. Introduction:To eradicate illiteracy and poverty among the Chakma community in mizoram we have established a NGO name as “ THE ULTIMATE TRUTH PREACHING MISSION" and by which we have established AHIMSA SCHOOL is a school for underprivileged indigenous minority chakma children at Tuichawng village under Lunglei District,Mizoram, India, Established in 2000, and run by the “THE ULTIMATE TRUTH PREACHING MISSION” AHIMSA ENGLISH SCHOOL started with just 7 children in a small room with a pair of desks and benches by “THE ULTIMATE TRUTH PREACHING MISSION” as mission felt the essential need for education among children of their community,who were mostly engaged by their parents in labor from a very young age due to financial problems. AHIMSA SCHOOL has now grown to a school of over 91 students. It is a non profitable school providing free education. Children are encouraged to develop the positive qualities of loving kindness,compassion and universal responsibility. AHIMSA means ‘Nonviolence’ and extend of universal love and compassion. AHIMSA is a school for children of families with low income,living in TUICHAWNG and the school covers 11 minority chakma tribal villages namely Tuichawng-I, Tuichawng-II, Sibinasora, Borkol, Tuichawngchhuah, Diblibagh, Matrisora, Samuksury, Ugudasury,Tuikawi and Kauchhuah. The main Founder,Rajesh Kumar Chakma is a teacher and President of www.tutpm.org firmly believes that education is the birth right of every child and no child –rich or poor should not be left behind.
2. Achievements: The Ahimsa School was the only School in the locality which gives free education. And it became very familiar in the locality. Most of the parents wanted to admit their children into the School. Admission was opened for all from the year 2011. The needy and helpless children are getting free education through this school. The enrolment soon increased upto 45. And more teachers had to be engaged. On the repeated request of the parents, the school had to be upgraded year by year. The enrolment had gone upto 60 at the beginning of 2005 school session.
3. School Building: A better and comportable school building was constructed in the year 2005 with sawn-timber structure with help of the parents and the local people. Enough furniture also was arranged.
4.Challenges: Although the staffs of the school took minimum honorarium, the expenditure of the school also became high and the School Authority started to face financial crisis as the parents and the local people could not contribute enough fund due to their poorness. But, the school was anyhow managed by the tireless endeavour of the Mission and the well-wishers. In the year 2009, there was a strong cyclone in the locality and the school was destroyed fully. Since then, it was run in a rented room upto 2012. There was a incessant heavy rain fall in 2013 and the school compound has been damaged partly due to landslip. A retaining wall had to be constructed to save the compound from further landslip by spending Rs. 84,540/-(Rupees Eighty four thousand five hundred forty) only although the Mission has been facing financial crisis since long.
5. Funding Agencies: The Mission was very fortunate to has come into contact with some well-wishers like Mr. Sachi.G.Dastidar of Probini Foundation, New York, U.S.A. and Mr. Mahendra Sagar, President of India Charitable Foundation, Massachusets U.S.A. in 2012 who donated fund for construction of School Building. With their blessings, the school has been re-built in concrete structure with toilet facilities for both boys and girls separately. Mr. Schi.G.Dastidar has been funding the school till now. The Mission is also very fortunate that one Well-wisher namely Mr. Arun Kanti Banerjeen of U.S.A. has been donating monthly since April 2014 and he will continue donating till his life time.
6. Teaching Staff: 4 (four) teachers including the Headmaster and 1 (one) helper-cum-peon had to be engaged to teach the increased enrolment.
7. Our Needs:
1. School Materials.
2.Monthly sponsor for our needy children.
3.One Time Donation.
5.Honorarium for teachers.
9. Conclusion: The Mission has a plan to upgrade the School upto Elementary and Secondary Level with Hostel facilities. But, the local people are very poor and they can not contribute enough fund for the further development of the School. It will remain as a dream unless well-wisher come forward to extend their helping hands.
So, I on behalf of the school do earnestly request to all kind hearted person to extend your humanitarian support to give free education for the helpless minority chakma children in Ahimsa School, Tuichawng, under Lunglei District, Mizoram, India.
The Ultimate Truth Preaching Mission.
Volunter & Fund Raiser of Ahimsa School,Tuichawng.