Umeed Gah Rehabilitation Welfare Trust Established in 2007 in Azizabad and all of them belong to low income families who can’t provide basic needs of life to special children. We started this center with a very small place and worked there for 3 years. Then Umeed Gah shifted in Gulshan-e-Iqbal in September, 2010. Now we can rehabilitate large number of Special Children in Umeed Gah. Our aim is to give them opportunity to become part of community.
Aims & Objectives:
- To give them better life and a full fill list to lead.
- To rehabilitate them to be a better person.
- We help children to stimulate their skill as much as they can.
- Self-Knowledge Including Surrounding
- ADL (Dressing, Combing, Washing).
- Communication Skills and Manners.
- Visual Perception (Eye Contract)
- Fine Motor and Art Skills (Opening Closing buttons, Shoes and Laces, Writing and Coloring Drawing).
- Gross Motor of balancing Skills (Walking over a line, standing on 1 leg, shifting from side to side.
- Auditory Perception (located the sound, hear back and for ground sound).
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Vocational Training
- Music Therapy
Umeed Gah Rehabilitation Centre arrange teacher’s Training about special education, physiotherapy. We also arrange monthly parents meeting got give them awareness about their special child.
Umeed Gah Rehabilitation Centre provide physiotherapy treatment of cerebral palsy, polio C.V.A, back pain, Facial palsy, neck pain joints pain bone pain, knee pain, ankle sprain, frozen shoulder, sciatica pain arthritis by Dr. Attia Misbah-ur-Rehman. Physiotherapist.
We train every individual child according to their needs. We provide lunch, fresh fruits and milk to special children. We also provide medical facilities with parent’s cooperation.
Umeed Gah provide conveyance for children.
Umeed Gah Rehabilitation Centre arrange yearly picnic an Christmas Party, Eid Milan Party for the fun of special children we also participate in parties of other organizations specially Karachi GymKhana.