Rohingya lonely mothers living in the street. Girl from Myanmar studying to become a doctor. Refugee who opened a community school. Palestinian businessman who lost his passport and has been struggling for 6 years to come back to normal life. Plenty of stories. The same problems. Ignorance, discrimination, indifference. WAKE UP!
What can be done? Our main ideas:
- to publish & sell a BOOK with several human stories of refugees (income will help us to finance an education for 100 refugee children)
- to organise regular & occasional EVENTS & CAMPAIGNS (exhibitions, workshops, fundraising)
- to create a dedicated WEBSITE collecting the information about refugees in Malaysia, volunteer opportunities, ongoing campaigns & events etc
- to raise awareness
- to attract public/media attention
- to change the false stereotypes
- to encourage people to help
- to promote volunteer / donation opportunities
- to take another small step in making this world a better place
What do we need money for?
- Book publishing process
- Promotional materials
- Website hosting
- Events' logistics, etc...
I'm Anna from Poland, currently living in Malaysia, involved in the project as one of the book's writers. Having 27th Birthday on 7th of November. Please, do not buy me presents. Support our cause. Every little sum makes a difference. Thank you!